The V4 is a leap forward in miniscope technology. It will serve as the platform for a new generation of miniscopes for years to come. This high-end solution will help to advance and disseminate miniature microscopy to the fast increasing open-source neuroscience community.
Miniscope V4 uses wide-field fluorescence imaging to record neural activity in awake, freely moving mice. The 'Miniscope V4 - Complete set of components' is an Assembly Kit that includes all the necessary components for those enthusiasts who wish to build a Miniscope V4 unit themselves.
LabMaker also offers a fully-assembled unit, tested, and ready to use. Click here to make your purchase.
It is compatible with the Data Acquisition System (DAQ) with V4 firmware.
- >1mm diameter field of view
- ~1mm working distance
- with electronic focal adjustment of +/-200um with electrowetting lens; no more mechanical sliding in order to focus
- all high resolution achromatic optics (no internal GRIN lens)
- 2.6 grams, 22 mm tall
- absolute head orientation sensor
- requires ~1/5th the excitation power of previous systems
- still uses only a single coaxial cable (down to 0.3mm in diameter) for power, communication, and data.
- 1 x Fully-assembled and tested Miniscope V4 rigid-flex PCB
- 1 x Objective Module
1 x Emission Module
1 x Excitation Module
1 x Objective Aluminium sleeve for easy, repeated mounting (for base plate variant 2)
1 x Electrowetting Lens (EWL): Corning (Varioptics) A-25H0
- 2 x Edmund Optics Achromatic 3x6 mm Lens
- 1 x Edmund Optics Achromatic 4x10 mm Lens
- 1 x Edmund Optics Half-Ball 3 mm Lens
- 1 x Emission Filter
- 1 x Excitation Filter
- 1 x Dichroic Filter
- 1 x Base plate variant 2 with screw
- 10 x Thread-Forming Screws
New orders will be fulfilled mid-June, 2021.
USING A MINISCOPE
is straightforward when you follow the detailed UCLA step-by-step instructions. (requires prior registration with miniscope.org)
Experimental timeline (by Denise Cai)
Documentation Source Code Forum