The V4 is a leap forward in miniscope technology. It will serve as the platform for a new generation of miniscopes for years to come. This high-end solution will help to advance and disseminate miniature microscopy to the fast increasing open-source neuroscience community.
Miniscope V4 uses wide-field fluorescence imaging to record neural activity in awake, freely moving mice. V4 miniscopes from LabMaker come fully-assembled, tested, and ready to use. It is compatible with the Data Acquisition System (DAQ) with V4 firmware.
- >1mm diameter field of view
- ~1mm working distance
- with electronic focal adjustment of +/-200um with electrowetting lens; no more mechanical sliding in order to focus
- all high resolution achromatic optics (no internal GRIN lens)
- 2.6 grams, 22 mm tall
- absolute head orientation sensor
- requires ~1/5th the excitation power of previous systems
- still uses only a single coaxial cable (down to 0.3mm in diameter) for power, communication, and data.
- Fully-assembled and tested Miniscope V4
- Lens configuration 1
- aluminium objective sleeve for easy, repeated mounting (for base plate variant 2)
- one separate base plate variant 2 with screw and screwdriver
- 300 cm coaxial cable, 1 mm diameter, Hirose U.FL connector
- 150 cm coaxial cable, 0.3 mm diameter, Hirose U.FL connector
Orders will be fulfilled in September 2020
USING A MINISCOPE
is straightforward when you follow the detailed UCLA step-by-step instructions. (requires prior registration with miniscope.org)
Experimental timeline (by Denise Cai)
Documentation Source Code Forum