The global chip shortage is massively delaying production for all small manufacturers including LabMaker. We cannot predict the delivery schedule for Audiomoths for the next months. But we will receive a confirmed, limited supply of units in February, 2022. You can place orders for this stock now, until sold out. After that further deliveries are not expected before late spring, early summer of 2022.
AudioMoth is a low-cost, open-source acoustic monitoring device used for monitoring wildlife. AudioMoth is not only sensitive to audible sounds but well into ultrasonic frequency range. It records uncompressed audio from 8000 up to 384,000 samples per second onto micro SD card
- EFM32 Gecko processor
- Capable of recording uncompressed audio to micro SD from 8k to 384k samples/second
- Records uncompressed WAV files to SD card
- Powered by 3 x AA batteries
- Analog MEMS microphone
- Analog pre-amplifier with adjustable gain
- Measures just 58 x 48 x 15 mm
- Configurable USB interface
- Onboard real-time clock keeps track of time in UTC
- New indented switch, SD card connector and USB connector to better protect the switch from accidental damage and to allow for a flush fit inside cases and enclosures.
- New right-angle mounted PMOD header for expansion boards using UART.
Enhancements in version 1.2.0 include:
- New onboard MEMS microphone
- Improved recording quality
- Improved performance with rechargeable NiMH batteries
- Exposed footprint on the PCB for an external microphone via a 3.5 mm jack. (Note: This requires hand soldering. LabMaker does not provide this part)
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: When the 3.5mm socket is attached, AudioMoth is no longer compatible with the Official AudioMoth IPX7 case.
Comes with firmware version 1.5.0 pre-installed
Note that all versions of AudioMoth firmware and apps are compatible with all hardware versions.
Batteries, microSD card and USB cable not included.
Fulfilment for new orders will be done in February, 2022.
Orders are fulfilled from our warehouses in Europe and the USA, based on shipping address for smooth and quick delivery.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO AUDIOMOTH DEVELOPMENT
US$15 for each Audiomoth going to the developers supports further product development.
• Andrew P. Hill, Peter Prince, Jake L. Snaddon, C. Patrick Doncaster, Alex Rogers. AudioMoth: A low-cost acoustic device for monitoring biodiversity and the environment. HardwareX.
• Hill AP, Prince P, Piña Covarrubias E, Doncaster CP, Snaddon JL, and Rogers A (2017). AudioMoth: Evaluation of a smart open acoustic device for monitoring biodiversity and the environment. Methods in Ecology and Evolution.
For any further enquiries related to this product, please contact us.
Documentation Source Code Forum