By combining regulation of biological parameters of interest and accurate measurement into a single platform Chi.Bio facilitates reliable and repeatable experimental procedures, which have long been recognised as a major challenge for biological science research.
Up to eight Chi.Bio reactor units can interface with each control computer, which runs the platform’s open-source operating system (developed in Python). A web interface (accessible on a connected PC or network) plots data in real-time as it is collected, and allows users to change and control ongoing experiments.
- Culture temperature regulation from ambient temperature to 55 °C
- Magnetic stirring with adjustable speed
- Measurement of culture optical density/growth rate
- Measurement of multiple orthogonal fluorescent protein concentrations in situ
- Actuation of optogenetic systems
- UV LED (to encourage mutation) and 6500K daylight LED (for photosynthetic systems)
- Growth regulation (turbidostat functionality) via measurement of culture optical density and input of fresh/removal of waste media
- In silico control of biological systems by integration of multiple inputs/outputs
- Dynamic culture variation/chemical induction using two additional input pumps
- 12-25 ml working volume
- Four direction- and speed-controllable peristaltic pumps per device. Pump boards can be stacked to save bench space
- Six LED outputs of varying wavelength across the visible range, as well as 6500K daylight LED, 285nm UV LED
- Optical output power-regulated laser diode
- Spectrometer with nine measurement bands across the visible range, and integrated temperature calibration, adjustable gain, integration time, and aperture
- Medical-grade Infrared Thermometer for measurement of culture temperature, and heat plate
The set includes USB cables and a power supply but does not include glass vials, silicone tubing or stir bars. Details about which ones to use can be found on the hardware page of the official Chi.Bio website.
You can purchase additional reactors and pump sets as add-ons in packs of 4 or 7.
Pre-Orders will be fulfilled in mid-October 2019.
For any further enquiries related to this product, please contact us.